Saturday, June 07, 2008

Synopsis

I know alot of my writer friends have expressed angst at putting together an effective synopsis. I've googled and searched various sites to give me some type of 'aha' moment...had a couple of 'ok, I can do this' moments but nothing really hit me with an exploding lightbulb.

I haven't had time to really go through all of Bron's articles but thought I'd check out the one with synopsis advice so I can prepare my Desire submission. I've decided that even if I'm not picked for the online pitch or Aussie's critique opportunity, I'm going to at least send in my partial to the Silhouette Desire line.

I love the Maureen Child's 'California Kings' series and almost anything Diana Palmer writes is a good read for me. But I wished they had more western storylines. Hopefully my storyline/series will peak some interest with one of the editors...

Here's the article. Enjoy and have a great weekend!!!

Bronwyn Jameson: Sample of a Short Synopsis

8 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

Thanks, Chelle! I have to do a synopsis for HOT FUN. This should help a lot.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Chelle: Check the PC forum, too. There's some great tools to help with your synopsis there. :)

Bella said...

Thanks for the info, Chelle. I hate writing synopsis, before or after I finish the story so I'll bookmark this for my YA Kriss Dagger story. I'm hoping to start sending out queries end of this month(God willing).

Bella

Chelle Sandell said...

I'm starting my synopsis on the Desire and thought I'd look around for inspiration. What I love about Bron's is she explains each step.

I think they may be getting a little easier now since the format is the same...just different story. The hard part will be hitting all of the turning points. Good luck, guys!

Thanks, Jen! I need to take a day to look around and check out the forum better. I keep missing major posts...as you well know!!!

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

Oh my gosh - I hate writing a synopsis as well. Good luck!

Kate

Chelle Sandell said...

Thank you, Kate! I hate the thought of doing them, but once I get started writing...it's like I'm explaining the story to my mom or a good friend. Crit partners are great about helping us keep in line with the flow and plotting points.

Nadia said...

Am I like the only person who actually enjoys writing synopsis? *blink blink*

Chelle Sandell said...

You're weird! LOL! Yes, honey, I think you are the only person I know who enjoys the torture!!