Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Chaos

Good Monday morning, my peeps! Hope all is well in your world? Today marks 10 days of chaos in our household. Hubby was more than happy to skip off to work this morning. The weather is cooperating and he escapes our kid and holiday chaos for 10 hours. We have my nephews for the Christmas break and this week is the Christmas countdown. Next week signals the New Year countdown.

Have you finished your shopping and wrapping? It'll be another tight year for us but we were very fortunate to get the kids what they asked for. The lucky part is they are good kids and understand that quality matters over quantity. They really didn't ask for much. Although what they asked for was expensive...at least it wasn't a long list. Hubby and I got away Friday evening and enjoyed a quiet, relaxing dinner together before we hit the shopping madness. It really wasn't as bad as what we had geared ourselves up for though. We only encountered one angry mob at the video game store and tried to skirt the troublemakers. Our goal was to smile and spread good cheer. Most people agreed. The highlight of our evening - we hadn't realized how late it was (1 am) when we hit Walmart. The funny part...we ran into friends and stood chatting when we looked at the time. Saturday we wrapped almost everything until we ran out of clothing boxes.

On the professional front...I received a call from the governor's office last week. And I was officially sworn in to the Oklahoma Judicial Nominating Commission. The commission is responsible for screening judicial candidates for vacancies on state courts. So this new adventure will definitely be interesting. And I'm still plugging away with my writing, just not as successful as I'd like. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels but getting nothing accomplished. The cupcake business is doing well and keeping me busy. I can't believe I'm hoping things slow down after the holidays. LOL.

Wishing you all are productive in all aspects of your life and healthy!! Hopefully this week I will have multi-talented author and cover artist Elaina Lee talking with us about her exciting new adventures!

2 comments:

Jaime Wright said...

Congrats on your official swearing in! How exciting! Chaos? Mine hasn't started yet, probably because I'm not even thinking Christmas. It'll start on Friday (yikes!)

Rula Sinara said...

Congrats on getting sworn in to the commission! Glad business is good as well. Happy Holidays!