Tuesday, November 25, 2014

To Blog...or Not?


Good morning!!  I hope this post finds you all healthy and happy! I've thought often of my blog and wondered if I should put more time into keeping it up. Sometimes it's almost therapeutic for me because it's as if I'm purging some of my thoughts and anxieties. But it's also a source of stress when I think about maintaining the posts on a regular basis to build a platform, or a foundation of readers. I believe for the time being I'll try to post as often as I can. It's easy to say I'll post three days a week and offer certain themes on particular days...but then I laugh at myself. I can make plans and write things down but it is very rare when the path is straight and narrow...or easy. I usually just roll with the punches. Which is what I've decided to do with my blog.

Some of you may not know much about my journey. I have been writing for about 8 years now, more or less, and I haven't published as of yet. I have several projects in with editors and just waiting for their response. I've placed in several contests with different manuscripts so I'd like to think I might have something worth all those years of torturing my characters. I've let too many things get in the way of my writing and my goal is to focus on my stories full-time.

This month is NaNoWriMo November for some authors. It stands for National Novel Writing Month and is meant to push writers into getting at least 50k words written toward a novel in a month. There are some that have already hit their goal and still going...others like me that are struggling. I've been able to finish two out of five years and I highly doubt I'll make my 50k this year. I've had way too many distractions and not enough will power to push through. I can make excuses all day long but truth be told? I know I could've pushed myself and pounded out 50k words but it would take major revisions to get the manuscript submission ready. I will give credit where it is due though, NaNo is a great motivational tool to get me to focus more on getting the words down on a daily basis. I'll keep going, regardless of whether or not I hit the word goal. I am definitely not one to write fast.

Now is the time for me to get serious. I'm not able to work outside of the home until my health improves so there is no excuse. This week will be full of Thanksgiving prep but we're not having anyone outside of our immediate family over to eat. My goal is to write whenever I have a free moment. The guys will be home most of the week for the holiday and will help with what I need to get done. Hopefully I can carve out time to sit down with the laptop first thing in the morning with a pot of coffee.

Peace and quiet...and coffee. Maybe I'll hit the big time and hire a housekeeper and personal chef. I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery.  ;)

Wishing you all good health, happiness, and blessings.

Chelle

2 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Happy Thanksgiving to your tribe.

herbssolutionsbynature said...

Herbal Treatment for Burning Mouth Syndrome is helpful for reducing dry and sore mouth. Herbal Supplement is used to treat or reduce the symptoms and causes.