Monday, March 05, 2007

Motivation

I finally took a fellow critters advice and took my chapters completely off my hard drive onto a disc so I will quit editing and move on. I opened and read my next chapter to get it ready to upload to our group and...I'm going to have to completely rewrite the next 4-5 chapters because of me messing around with the beginning.

I sat down yesterday to start working and couldn't sit still. I needed another drink. Sat down. Because I had downed an entire bottle of water...I needed to pee. Sorry TMI. Sat down. Something on news caught my eye. Two teenagers filmed themselves getting high...with a 2 and 5 yr old. Finally quit cussing tv. Settled down to write. Needed to look up something in previous chapter to verify what I changed. Well hell Chelle. It would mean, because I wasn't intelligent enough to print out and put in notebook, that I have to reload disc. I gave up and went outside with little one to color driveway with chalk.

This morning...totally motivated. Sat down to write. But I HAVE to check out my fellow bloggers and tease them. Settled down to write. They showed getting high news story again. Well hell. Sorry. Guess it's time to take oldest to school.

What motivates you? Tantrum





5 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

Reading motivates me, but I can't read and write at the same time. Since I spent the whole month of February reading some great books, I'm really pumped right now. But I've discovered that I can't read and write at the same time. My pea-size brain can't process both.

Chelle Sandell said...

I know what you mean. Kris use to call me the queen of multitask but I am getting so bad now. I'm lucky if I remember to pick up oldest at school.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Reading motivates me, too.

Seeing other people write and progress makes me "itchy" to write as well.

Jennifer Shirk said...

PS. Chelle, I'm critting your chapter 3 and 4 today.

I know. I'm slow...

Chelle Sandell said...

Not as slow as I am!