I'm not sure my kiddos would agree though. LOL. Jennifer deserves this one so much that I should resend it to her. She always has such an upbeat outlook. I've been stuck indoors with two boys fighting over anything, and everything. Ugh. Thankfully, before I ate my young, the oldest went back to school today. But we're supposed to get more snow and ice tomorrow night. Ack!!!!
So here are 10 things that make me happy:
1) My hubby, especially when he's home and not traveling. I also like it when he leaves after being home for a long time. JK. Kinda. ;) He really is a huge help with the house and boys when he's home, but I truly love him and enjoy being with him. Even when he's home for long stretches of time.
2) My kids keep me going. There are some mornings that I'm hurting pretty bad and can barely get out of bed, but I know they need to see me doing normal mom things and it helps give me strength. They are growing up so fast and have such cool personalities.
3) Our new house. It feels so good to be back out in the country. When I went outside with the little man during the recent snowstorm, I felt almost overwhelmed by how pretty the house and trees looked covered in snow.
4) My Mom. She is truly an inspiration to me. She has been a huge source of comfort and support my entire life, especially now that I've been diagnosed with the stupid auto-immune diseases. She has a heart of gold and is always involved in helping someone, whether it's her family or employees and local charities.
5) My cousin. She's also my best friend, and I know that I can always share my morbid sense of humor with her. She agrees that we can laugh even in the worst of times and I can count on her to make me laugh.
6) My friends. And that includes my online crit partners and blog buddies. I love sharing my writing journey with you.
7) My pets. We recently lost my sweet Boston Terrier and sent her sister to live with my brother. That doesn't make me happy, but when they were here...and along with the remaining two pups...they make me happy. It's got to be that unconditional love thing.
8) Rain. I don't like to drive in bad weather...but I love to sit and read or relax and listen to the rain.
9) Reading. I LOVE to find books that I can't put down. Ellen Hartman and Helen Brenna are two of my favorite Superromance authors and I know I can always count on them for a feel good story.
10) And lastly...I have to agree with Ms. Jennifer...getting blog awards! It makes me feel like someone really likes me. ;)
I have to admit that I dreaded coming up with 10 things that make me happy. It definitely beats coming up with 10 things I hate. I wonder if someone has come up with that one? The Venting Award, maybe?! LOL
The hard part is coming up with people to pass the award over to, but here goes:
Wife, Mom and romance writer. I love spending time with my beautiful family and cooking out with friends. We have a mini farm going on with horses, chickens, Blue Heelers and Boxers. We're volunteers for the local Red Dirt Boxer Rescue. We foster Boxers until we can find loving furever homes. Please spay and neuter your pets!