Tuesday, May 22, 2007

BooHoo

I looked back on my previous posts and feel like I'm a big ol' crybaby. So...I'll throw away my pacifier and kick myself in the buttocks. (I like that word ~ reminds me of Forrest Gump) I was trying to do a fly-by of blogs and friend's sites to see how everyone is doing and ran across a post by Jules Bennett on the Pink Ladies Blog. The blog post title indicated it was about dreaming a common dream ~ publishing, but from the follow up comment posts...I got alot more from it.

I've been so freaked out lately with all of the changes and feeling overwhelmed with trying to take care of everything with dh so far away. BooHoo! Some of the ladies responding were talking about having 5-6 kids and miscarriages and life happens crap. How can I feel sorry for myself? I need a big kick from someone...just kidding Jennifer. (She just went on vacation and will come back revitalized and energetic ~ she might actually kick me) I owe all of you a big apology! I'll cowgirl up and get back to work. Maybe not as fast and efficient as I would like, but I'll make it work somehow.

I know we all have roadblocks and life happens...most of us deal with it in the same manner. But. I need to write, for me and my sanity. Some of you can relate when it comes to kids and family issues, but we also need to force a wedge of time for ourselves. Even if it's only 15 minutes a day. What's funny is when I try to limit my time for writing I seem to always lose track and get in some productive time.

We've talked alot about motivation but I feel it's also important to encourage making time for ourselves. I know. It's so easy for me to get caught up in our family chaos...but I also feel so much better when I make time to do what's important to me mentally. Whether it's a hot bubble bath and reading a good book from my TBR pile...or a power surge of writing frenzy.

Tomorrow I owe Jennifer a tag response. I believe it was to list things about myself that you guys might not know...you already know I'm a whiny-baby so let's see what else I can come up with...

Just a few hints:


Paris Jail Sentence Chainsaw Tornado Famous 16 Famous 26







4 comments:

Bella said...

Don't be too hard on yourself, Chelle. We all have moments when we whine about the craziness in our lives. Right now, I'm too disillusioned with the publishing industry, don't seem to have the drive to write anything, and REFUSE...hear that? refuse to feel bad about not writing. It's THEIR fault I can't write darn it(hee hee, nice to blame someone else). Honestly, I want to vent and whine, just don't seem to have the strength to sit down and blog/vent/whine. So power to you. Besides, you have us, people who understand it's okay to bitch and moan. You have to in this business. Hope you kick the blues to the curb and become active soon. Me? I'm going with the flow.

Bella

Jennifer Shirk said...

Hey, this is YOUR blog. Whine away. LOL!

But if you want me to kick you, I'm okay with that, too. LOL!

Don't feel bad. I haven't done much writing either. Things have been a little strange/crazy for me too. It happens.
I'm going to try to carve a little writing time for myself soon. But my daughter's preschool just ended so it's going to be interesting to see how I do that.
But I'm ready!

Chicki Brown said...

I didn't think you were being a crybaby at all. Sometimes we need a good cry. Everyone's tolerance for pain isn't the same, and that doesn't make us better or worse than the woman standing next to us -- just different.

Honestly, I give you a big high five for handling everything on your own. Keep that precious "me time" in your daily schedule. It's what keeps us from losing our marbles!

Chelle Sandell said...

Agghh. I love yous guys! I like Bella's excuse...it's THEIR fault. LOL.