Thursday, July 12, 2007

RWA Conf~While Kitty's away...the mice will play!

As some of you know...I write geared toward the Harlequin line. Whether or not my voice fits...we'll soon see. While everyone is away having a grand ol'time in the big town of Dallas, I am actually working. But for me, it is my time to let my imagination roam and play.

We had recently talked about the pros and cons of contests and I had decided to try my hand at it. My first experience went rather well and it gave me a great kick in the motivation side. Well..........Romance Junkies is having a great first chapter contest...and it's free!!!! If you don't have time to submit, they are also in need of readers/judges. I had a friend recently suggest the site and was pleasantly surprised at the concept. It is a great place to hear about fellow authors seeking the same goal and advertise new releases. They have articles on writing and even a link to help find critique partners.

Also I need to plug my favorite Harlequin SuperRomance line, they have several things cooking in an all out search for new mss. If interested in their line you can try the eHarlequin.com community site and see what the line consists of. They have an Editor Pitch Contest and a Conflict of Interest Contest.

Good luck and happy writing!

7 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Thanks for the info!

Did you get a lot of comments on your RJ entry? Or just votes?

Chelle Sandell said...

As of last night it had been reviewed 80+times but only 1 comment has been forwarded. Which is great about the amount viewed considering the others totals but I don't know if it's good or bad about no comments. As far as I know they all voted that it sucks:) Except for the 1 who said she'd like to see more.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Did you get MY comment???

Chelle Sandell said...

LOL! Why was it rude? JK. I only had 1 comment forwarded and it said something about wanting to read more or wanting to see how story develops. But she didn't send who the message came from. What did you say? Did you enter? I just saw and voted for Erin's.

Jennifer Shirk said...

HA! NO, it wasn't rude! LOL!

Weird. My friend from another loop didn't get mine either.

I entered with 2 pieces. Haven't seen them yet.

I didn't recognize any of them. Erin's is posted? I'll go vote. :)

Chelle Sandell said...

It's funny how certain friends can make ya giggle! Yeah...Erin posted her new one about the prissy girl meets the rough manly man at a bar...Looking For Trouble ~ think it starts with her Mercedes pulling into bar parking lot and she has to pee. It's in with the contemporaries. Did you post Georgie's story? What's the other one?

Jennifer Shirk said...

Yeah, I posted Georgie and the one before that I did. What the heck, right? LOL!

My friend e-mailed the woman over at RJ, and she said the comments on the entires should come soon. They are screening them first to make sure people are trying to be helpful and not rude. :) Whew!