Sunday, November 04, 2007

Zero...nada

That's what I got done this weekend with my WIP. But we had two birthday parties and a cook-out for hubby. He leaves Wednesday so the next couple of days will be spent cramming as much time together as we can.

One of my wonderful crit partners, Jennifer Shirk has sold her first book!! Congrats girl!! Can't wait to buy your book. Just the first of many.

On another note...we've been hearing alot about the movie The Golden Compass and the leading actress, Nicole Kidman. Well, after hearing the backstory about the athiest author and his intentions, we decided to boycott the movie and actors supporting the film. We took little man to see The Bee Movie and saw previews for the other film...Sam Elliott.

One of my favorite cowboy actors is Sam Elliott. And he's in the movie. How can I be so mad at Nilcole Kidman...and disappointed in him ~ not mad. But he is also supporting an author with the intention of targeting our children with his anti-religion beliefs. The bad thing is the movie looked beautifully crafted. It would be so easy for us to get sucked in. But now that I know the history and meaning behind it...I noticed much more than I ever would have. Lesson learned...

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

3 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Thanks for the kind words! :)

How was The Bee movie?

Chicki Brown said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend with hubby and family. Those times are so precious.

You can read about my insane weekend on my blog.

Chelle Sandell said...

The Bee Movie was okay...baby sat thru it without a word. I almost fell asleep though. We had a great time with hubby home and did some fun stuff with boys. Best time was bowling...4 yo beat everyone except hubby.