Saturday, December 01, 2007

Christmas Meme

I think this is my first Christmas meme #1. I can't remember if I did one last year. Oh well...no matter cause I'll have fun doing it.

I was tagged by my buddy Jennifer Shirk. Enjoy.

1... Eggnog or hot chocolate? Eggnog definitely, in my Bailey's Irish Cream.

2... Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree? Both. Mostly wrapped. Big ones like bikes... a ribbon maybe. We don't do many Santa gifts though.

3... Colored or white lights on tree/house? Red and white. Mostly white. We put up red rope lights along roof and gutter lines and white icycles along gutter. It looks almost like a Santa hat.

4... Do you hang mistletoe? I agree with Jennifer. NO. Too awkward.

5... When do you put your decorations up? Usually we put everything up the Friday after Thanksgiving. But this year we're just now putting them up this weekend.

6... What is your holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Green bean casserole and cream cheese Mexi-corn. And when hubby is home we do the fried turkey.

7... Favorite holiday memory as a child. The year my dad finally showed up. Christmas morning the doorbell rings and we open the front door. The entire glass storm door is filled with toys. As dad starts taking toys away to reveal himself, he is holding a Boxer puppy. As an adult and parent I look back and feel bad for my mom but as a child it was pretty damn exciting, we got a ton of toys and a puppy.

8... When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Pretty early I guess because to tell the truth I don't remember.

9... Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We get our Santa stockings over at my mom's.

10... How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Mostly white lights with a couple of red strings spaced out. Rustic country wood decorations, pine cones, crimson red bows, gold and crimson red balls and ornaments the boys get every year.

11... Snow! Love it or dread it? We love it but hate Okie drivers.

12... Can you ice skate? Nope. Not on my to-do list either. ;)

13... Do you remember your favorite gift? My sweetheart gave me a heart necklace our first year together.

14... What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? I completely agree with Jennifer on this one as well...Celebrating the birth of Jesus--and quality time with my family.

15... What is your favorite holiday dessert? Christmas peppermint bark!!

16... What is your favorite holiday tradition? Getting the boys in bed on Christmas Eve and spending the evening with hubby. We finish wrapping gifts and curl up on the couch by the fireplace with the only lights coming from the tree.

17... What tops your tree? A crimson red and gold angel.

18... Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving. We only buy a present or two for each other and splurge on the boys.

19... What is your favorite Christmas song? "Breath of Heaven (Mary's Song)" by Amy Grant.

20... Candy canes: We found SpongeBob candy canes. Who knew.

21... Favorite Christmas movie? Oooo, hard choice. I'm a sucker for the oldies...of course "It's a Wonderful Life". But a close favorite is the 1947 version of "Miracle on 34th Street".

22... What do you leave for Santa? Eggnog and cookies.

I'll be a spoiler and not tag anyone...everyone's so stressed. But please ~ take a break and play along if you have time. I'm watching you! ;)

3 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Mmmm. Cream cheese Mexi-corn sounds yummo!

Chicki Brown said...

Please e-mail me with that cream cheese Mexicorn recipe. I've never heard of that one.

Chelle Sandell said...

Chicki~You have mail girl!

Jennifer ~ It's really easy...kids love it!