Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Tag...

I owe someone for a tag...maybe, Jennifer? Okay. It was supposed to be something like 8 things about myself. What about 10? An author from eHarlequin, Samantha Hunter found a fun way to get to know people...here's her blog post on eHarlequin. You may have to register if you're not already a member. Feel free to skip a question if offensive to you.

Samantha Hunter Blog - eHarlequin

I love watching "Inside the Actor's Studio", and so I found these questions online and thought it would be fun to post them here and see what people had to say. They originally come from the French series, "Bouillon de Culture" hosted by Bernard Pivot, but they're the ones James Lipton asks all of his famous guests on TAS. So... give them a shot, and use brief, one-word answers as much as possible, and asterisks where necessary to avoid saying anything offensive. ;)


1...What is your favorite word? Contract
2...What is your least favorite word? Cancer
3...What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Unconditional love. Or good music.
4...What turns you off? Self-centered arrogance.
5...What is your favorite curse word? F*ck
6...What sound or noise do you love? My babies laughing.
7...What sound or noise do you hate? People eating with their mouth open...smacking. Or...forks scraping on a plate.
8...What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? DEA Agent or Psychiatrist
9...What profession would you not like to do? Executioner or bill collector.
10..If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at thePearly Gates? Sit down, shut-up and enjoy the ride.

3 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

I don't know how I missed your last two posts. I've also been busy, so I'll comment on all of them at once.

I'm glad you're writing. Your paranormal idea sounds interesting. BTW, if you want to read a great book with Native Amricans, definitely pick up TOPAZ by Beverly Jenkins. I'll be blogging about it on Thursday.

I agree with a lot of your rant, but I am not against welfare for those who really need it. Sometimes people are in dire circumstances. If not, they don't deserve it.

We should always vote for the candidate and not the party. Vote for the person whose vision speaks to your heart. In the last few Presidential elections I've voted Democrative, Independent and Republican!

Your ten things are cool. Maybe I'll do the same thing on Friay...

Bella said...

I like number ten, made me laugh.

I read your "rant" and could see where your frustrations are coming from. I'm a registered Republican but I voted for a Democrat in the primaries because I liked what I heard.
I remember a say by a revolutionary that always stayed with me, I think it was by Che Gavera (sp?)- he said revolution doesn't come from the barrel of a gun, it comes from changing the mind set of people. Makes you think, doesn't it?

Chin up and keep writing.

Bella

Chelle Sandell said...

I pray I hear those words!

My problem in the presidential debates this year is wanting someone who can actually follow through with promises. The oil companies, health care and huge corporations are the only ones making record profits. While the middle class slowly slides into bankruptcy. We've got to find a way to lower taxes. I still don't know if I'm voting Republican or Democratic but it'll be someone who won't want more public services which leads to more taxes. I contradict myself because I want less government, but I feel the oil companies and healthcare - insurance - doctors shouldn't be able to rape people by raising prices while making record profits.

I believe whole-heartedly in welfare...a hand-up, not a hand-out. It should be a helping tool not a way of life. I don't think people should be having kids if they can't support the ones they have. I think there should be tax breaks for those homeschooling children.

I can stand here all day on my soapbox...the main focus needs to be a president that can actually run this country like a business. Not spend more money we don't have and tax us to pay for their promises.