Friday, November 28, 2008

Life...

I knew I'd been neglecting my blog and my WIPs, but life has a way of interrupting when we make plans. I can sit and make lists or goals for what I need to accomplish...and I can almost hear giggles from up above. We've had work, play, birthdays and sickness. Lots of sickness. Thankfully nothing serious that we can't handle.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was nice and uneventful...which was REALLY nice. I haven't done much on the writing side of my life. I've wanted to, I've even opened my files several times and worked on the opening of my Desires ms. I know what I want to do with it, the hard part is putting it on paper and making it readable.

Tonight we're just laying around and watching tv. I love The Family Man with Nicholas Cage and Tea Leoni. But this time while watching, the conflict and character growth really stuck out to me. I wish it was that easy to write. In the meantime...I'll keep plugging away and get myself back into the groove.

After we put up the tree and Christmas decorations.

Tangled Lights Trapped Ornament Christmas Lights Tree

4 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! Glad you had a nice, quiet Thanksgiving. Now that it's over, maybe you'll be able to get back to your writing.

Our holiday was nice, but definitely not quiet. We ended up with 14. Five of them were kids, so after dinner we put them down in the family room, forgetting that we no longer have carpet down there to absorb the noise. (Bill put down a wood laminate floor.) Talk about loud! LOL.

I was SO tired over the weekend, I didn't write anything until Saturday.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Our tree and decorations are up!

PS> I was just about to tell you to update your blog. LOL

Chelle Sandell said...

ROFL!! It was bugging me because I knew I needed to update it. Just didn't want to sign in and mess with it. I'm leaving today to take Mr. Chelle back to work and will have tomorrow to write...all to myself!!! Hopefully I can get something done.

Annie Doyle said...

Hello sunshine
I love Family Man too. It's funny how we analyze things in a different way once the writer, editor, director kicks in.
Have a safe and happy Christmas. (That first smiley looks like me yesterday. AND it looks just as bad on the tree!!!)
xxx Annie