Monday, April 13, 2009

Good Monday morning my friends!!

Hope everyone had a beautiful and very blessed Easter weekend. Ours was different but nice. Little man got to hunt Easter eggs on the beach this year. Weather wasn't what he hoped for...the important thing was that he had a blast. I missed the big family get together and didn't miss having to cook a big meal.

Back to reality. Today is going to be a productive one if I have to pull teeth to do it. Well...not mine anyways...little man still has a few he can afford to lose. Anyhoo. I am determined to finish revising my chapter today. I need to finish and get it sent off to a few contests next month. I think I'll actually try the Golden Hearts this year. My short term goal is to finish making the changes and complete the manuscript.

Have you ever heard a song that inspired you? Not necessarily as a writer, maybe just on some personal level. I've had struggles, as I'm sure many of you have had, in my personal life when it comes to letting go. I heard a song this morning by LeAnn Rimes that made me tear up. What I Cannot Change was beautifully written from her heart. She tells the song history about how she was venting with a songwriting friend and he took notes. She thought it was strange at first...but understood as the song emerged from her words. It struck a chord with me this morning as I work on layering internal emotion with my heroine. But the words went far deeper for me on a personal level. Not that I needed anymore emotional layering of my own right now, thank you very much.

Okay...back to work. Have a productive day everyone!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oooh, I can't wait to read it Chelle!

Music is my release. so many songs touch me on a personal level...from love, to life struggles, to children. I'll have to listen to this new song you're talking about. I need some inspiration for this new book I'm about to write!

Chicki Brown said...

This is one of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiVFTzTqlTE&feature=related