Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Brrrrr...

I am soooo not liking this weather. But at least it's not distracting me today by enticing me out into the warm sunshine. Cold, cold, and reallllly cold. I think our lows this week are expected into the single digits. That's not typical Oklahoma at all. And my RA doesn't like the cold either. My poor fingers are protesting my attempts to make them work today. My sweet buddy sent me the voice recognition software. I'm thinking today would be a good day to set that up.

Okay. Got the teen monster off to school and just fed the little man monster. I say that because hubby has gone back to work and the boys are picking at each other constantly. Ugh. Last night I told them they would have to go outside and sit for 10 minutes every time I broke up a fight. So the teen slammed off to his room. Problem solved. At least I can use the weather to my advantage. ;)

Heading offline to get my first bootcamp assignment finished. I decided to go with the historical. I'm even cringing at the introduction. *sigh* Why am I feeling so shy all of a sudden? More like terror and anxiety. I absolutely suck at taglines. Guess what my first assignment is?

9 comments:

Susan R. Mills said...

Your boys sound like mine. I've had to break up more fights than I can count this holiday season. They are now stronger than me too, so it isn't easy. :) Good luck with your assignment, whatever it is.

Tamika: said...

The cold weather does wonders for keeping in my chair working. The ease of words has been great lately.

Hope your assignment goes well. You've got me curious as to the task at hand?!

Kimberly Franklin said...

Ugh...I hate cold weather. It's cold here in Texas too. And, I've heard, it's supposed to get even colder by the end of the week. YUCK!

Hope you stay warm!

Stephanie said...

Interesting use for cold weather! I will keep that in mind for later (my youngest is not even 2 yet...he would enjoy it too much or run away). LOL!

Good luck with the assignment!

Anonymous said...

We have an arctic blast coming here this weekend. Not looking forward to another cold spell here in NY> :O)

Chelle Sandell said...

Susan ~ Yep...both boys are stronger than me. But I am known as Taker-of-Video Games Master. I usually take away whatever they are interested in. Usually works wonders. :D

Tamika ~ Yep. It's easier to concentrate on work when you don't have the great outdoors calling.

Kimberly ~ It is here, too. I was supposed to go and have my anti-freeze checked in both cars and forgot. Oops. I think it'll be top on my list tomorrow. The hard part is getting to and from the truck. My oldest can go out and start it in the morning.

Stephanie ~ LOL...yeah, that's a problem with my youngest. I caught him yesterday without his coat on. He wasn't allowed to go back out. I swear, that boy could go outside in the snow with shorts on.

Diane ~ That's whats coming this way. I can't believe it's about to get worse here. Glad we moved when we did. Our old house would turn us all into popsicles.

Chicki Brown said...

Ah, tough love ... I like it. You know I'm old school, so I don't believe in coddling disobedient kids. :)

How wonderful that someone gave you voice recognition software. That's a great friend.

Can't wait to hear about the bootcamp assignment.

Heather Rae Scott said...

Boys are so much fun, aren't they? I'm lucking out this week as I'm pulling 4-midnights next door with the neighbor as she recovers from gall bladder surgery.

Interesting that you chose the Historical, but I'm proud of you. You can do this. I have faith in you and your writing abilities. You can totally do this!

Chelle Sandell said...

Chicki ~ She's a real sweetheart. And yeah...we try to do the old school methods here, too. ;)

Rae ~ I wished to have a girl but we stopped after Cayd. But after hearing about some of what friends go through with teen girls. No thank you. I hope Helen's feeling better and you get time to get some writing in.

I haven't given up on my Supers or Desire. Just thought I'd give the Historical a shot to see if I can do it. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for having faith in me!