Tuesday, February 23, 2010

No rest for the weary...

My poor hubby. He's home and working on his Honey-Do list. We finally got the Suburban and our 5th wheel trailer moved over to the new house. And he's just finished painting the living room wall and is headed off to pick up a lighter shade of taupe for the hall. I think he's feeling the stress a little because we're going to Savannah and have little time to get some of this stuff done. Good news...we're going to Savannah. OMG!!! I've always wanted to go and now I'll get the chance to spend some real time there. We're going to leave a couple of days early so we can stop when I need to. Hopefully my body won't give me too much trouble. I'm a little worried about the long trip, but I'm hoping to make a couple of stops along the way to meet some of my online writing buddies.

I wanted to thank Rae, Bella, and Vanessa for giving me a couple of blog awards. I still haven't figured out how to post them permanently. *sigh*

Thanks, Rae!
Thanks, Vanessa & Bella!

I'll try to come up with facts you guys haven't already heard me gripe about. LOL.

1. My whole family took karate lessons when I was about 13 yrs old, young and skinny.

2. I absolutely LOVE eating red meat. Give this girl a medium rare ribeye steak or juicy hamburger any day. Of course with my health in the toilet right now...I've made an effort to eat more white meat. Ugh.

3. I've always had a passion for most things western. I've always thought I was born a century too late and could totally see myself living among my Chickasaw ancestors. My hubby thinks it's ironic that I married a cowboy.

4. I was a tomboy. The neighborhood guys always came by to see if I wanted to play soccer, basketball, baseball...anything outside, I was game. I was a closet girly-girl. I had the Barbie's and dolls...just played them when I couldn't be outside.

5. I HATE to wear shoes. Summer is not just my favorite because of the warm weather...I can get away with wearing flip-flops everywhere. I'll wear the sandals with bling when I have to dress up.

6. I am not a cat person. They can be quite cute and cuddly. But I think they can also be rude, manipulative, and just plain evil. Have you ever watched Pet Cemetary? I rest my case.

7. I have the travel bug. I hate being away from my 16 yr old when we travel, he stays with my mom, but I love the adventure of checking out local history.

8. I guess #7 could lead into this...I love our rich and colorful history. I used to dream of being a pioneer woman. Guess that's WHY I married a cowboy.

9. I hate to swim in murky water. I don't mind getting dirty...just hate not knowing what's swimming around me. LOL. Oklahoma lakes are rich with red clay so I'm kinda stuck with that.

10. And last, but not least...I would LOVE to have a little girl. I'm stuck in a manly-man house full of guys.

Okay guys...I'll pass these awards on to...

Jennifer Bianco

Natalie Bahm

5 comments:

Susan R. Mills said...

Congrats! I hate murky water too. I'm always afraid of what might be lurking underneath.

kah said...

Have fun in Savannah and congrats on the awards!

Erin Kern said...

Chelle, I haven't read your blog in a while, so i figured i was overdue for some catch up. first of all, i completely know what you're talking about...being born a century too late. i totally feel like i was born about 150 years too late. i would love to go back to the old west. also, i am so jealous you're going to Savannah. that's on my list of places in the US to visit. lastly, i hope you're doing well. we miss you at CV and i hope you'll think about coming back. that's all i have to say for now.


Erin

Chelle Sandell said...

Susan ~ I'm always freaking out when things brush by my under the water. I keep thinking it's a snake. Eeek.

Karen ~ Thank you!! I'm getting so excited about our trip.

Erin ~ I miss you too, honey!! Hope all is well with the family?! I'll try to take alot of pictures while I'm in Savannah. I know for sure we'll check out a few of the historical cemeteries and Tybee Island.

Natalie said...

I'm sorry I'm so late in saying THANK YOU! I've been unplugged. Murky water creeps me out too. I've had little fish swim by my legs and it is the grossest feeling ever.

Congratulations Chelle!