Wednesday, December 29, 2010

It's almost time...

Aw, man...have you guys looked at the date lately? It's almost time to make those pesky resolutions. How did you do with last years goals? Any carryovers from last year? Mine are basically the same every year. Work on my relationships, health, wealth, and writing. So I guess my resolutions can be considered re-inspirations. ;) Ya think? I think I'll do good just to write 2011 instead of '10 on my correspondence. Ha.

As much as I love the holidays...I will be relieved to escape some of this chaos. Yeah, I know. That's funny coming from me. Chaos reigns in our household. Now it's time for me to focus on the cupcake website and the restaurant. I had the website shopping cart fixed and halfway redesigned and was told I needed to upgrade the module. Yep. It erased everything I'd put back in. *sigh* As for the restaurant we've decided on a location, I just have to iron out the business plan and start-up costs. My cowboy has promised to help me get the house back in order this weekend. I thought the week of Christmas was stressful, but this week we've got several doctor appointments and yesterday I had a meeting that lasted until it was dark outside.

As usual, one of my resolutions is to focus more on my writing. My goal for last year was to become published. I'm a little closer because I am working with an editor on a four book series and he's waiting on my revisions. I'm also working on two short stories for e-publishers. So a little progress anyways.

I ran across a post at the Ruby Slippered Sisterhood that I thought might interest some of you. They are having a Winter Writing Festival beginning January 10, 2011. One of my crit partners and I will be there for motivation. We hope to see you guys there!

No comments: