Tuesday, October 02, 2012

NaNo?

*yawn*  I can already tell...today will be a loooong day.  Our sweet, adorable, lovable dogs woke me up at 3:30 am.  Grrr.  Once I was able to snuggle back down in bed, warming my feet against the Cowboy's leg, his alarm went off.  *sigh*  I tried, really tried, to go back to sleep.  Didn't happen.  But I guess it's a good thing, I have a ton of homework and a chapter that needs work.  I'll definitely get in more than my required 15 minutes in this morning towards our challenge.

Another challenge fast approaching is National Novel Writing Month from November 1st - 30th.  I've tried the book in a month event a few times and only finished once.  I think I'll go for it this year using a new idea for book one in a series that popped in my head recently.  I was going to try to write this particular book for the Harlequin SYTYCW contest but life intervened.  Little Man had his tonsils taken out and Harley, our oldest boxer rescue, is having some serious medical issues which require me to actually pick him up (65lbs) and carry him outside when he needs to *ahem* relieve himself.  So I have two sickies on my hands right now that I'm basically waiting on hand and foot and force-feeding.  But Savvy Authors have two events scheduled for NaNo.  I'm thinking I'll participate in their co-sponsored event with Entangled Publishing.  Anyone else going for it again this year?

2 comments:

Rula Sinara said...

That's the cutest dog pic! I hope everyone feels better soon!

Chelle Sandell said...

Thanks, Ms. Rula! Hope all is well in your world?! Little man is on the mend. I cut up chicken for him last night so he could finally have something besides mashed potatoes and soup. And my old Harley dog is walking on his own now and eating/drinking. Still walks a little crooked...but much better.